By default, a site-wide search returns results with the desired term or phrase found either in the metadata and/or in any full-text transcript. To refine your results, try applying one or more filters.
- Search type – Displays when a user has arrived via a search (versus navigating via "Browse All"). De-select "Metadata" or "Full text" and click "Apply" to limit results.
- File type – Only available formats display
- Date range – Supply as much detail as desired; only returns records with numerical dates
- Collections – Limits results to a particular digital collection
- Archival Collection – Physical location of the digitized record within the Special Collection Department
In addition, results can be filtered by the following Controlled Vocabulary fields: Creator, Decade, Form/Genre or Subject. These filters present a list of terms based on metadata. Click the arrow on the right to view the list of terms and make your selections. The number displayed beside the arrow indicates the number of available terms. The number displayed in the circle to the right of the filter name indicates the number of terms selected.
Once one or more terms are selected, be sure to click "Apply."